Skip Navigation

Department Support Search

Bursar Services

Taxability of Aid


Federal Work-Study earnings are subject to federal and state income tax, and students receive W-2 forms. Grant and scholarship aid (including Pell Grants, SEOG and OTAG) MAY be taxable. FAS recommends that students obtain IRS Publication 970 "Tax Benefits for Higher Education" for specific guidance about the tax obligations of grant and scholarship recipients as well as tax credits for educational expenses. Contact your tax preparer, the IRS at 1.800.829.1040 or visit the IRS web site at for more information.

Note: Financial Aid Advisors cannot advise about the taxability of aid
seconds ago
a minute ago
minutes ago
an hour ago
hours ago
a day ago
days ago
Invalid characters found